So So Cal

Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Monumental Day!

Today was the big day to cross one more thing off the bucket list.

I went to the top of Penshaw monument with my brother in law Neil.
Until recently, I would have said that this was Anne's brother in law.
However she has recently convinced me that my understanding of canon law is incorrect.

At $7.50 it is probably one of the cheapest things to cross of the list.
Of course as with all "EVENTS" air fare is not included.

The spiral staircase is not for the faint hearted or those suffering from claustrophobia...





The view from the top was as good if not better than I thought it would be.









No, that is not a David Beckham headband Neil is sporting, it's the mandatory
head mounted flashlight.




A view of the whole structure.



In the afternoon, I went back to Durham and took a walk around town.
There was a brass band event going on, there were bands form all over the country taking part.




These guys are called The Dead Victorians, one of there efforts was about a guy from Cromer was the Son of a Beach-------Comber!




This was an Evangelical band from London, very much under the control of their music director, with his back to the camera.

My favorites were a band called Bad Ass Brass, but that's just my sense of humor.

I think that tomorrow I will give out the information about the trip that would have been 500 miles in the USA and is about 50 miles here.

All four places in the USA are back east.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: