So So Cal

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Headed for the land of Ponce De Leon

Florida

We leave for Florida pretty soon, the land of Ponce De Leon.

This is him; I don't think that I'll need that outfit, we're going Jet Blue via Vegas.
You would probably have to check your sword for an extra charge!

The lay over is just long enough to lose the vacation cash, or maybe not.

As we have been preparing for the trip, the weather has been preparing us.
Today we have had rain and thunder storms.



42% humidity my ass, it's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock.



The sheds are closed up and the toys put away.

There's no more time for diddling with old bikes until I return.

As we are in the throes of a really catastrophic drought, (even though it's raining today it's not in any way about to reduce the seriousness of the situation) I have installed a solar powered irrigation system for some of the plants.
It is just a big planter from Costco filled with recycled water, a 12 VDC pump, a programmable timer, a solar panel, an old Harley battery, along with a drip feed system recycled from a previous year and an old trash can as a cover, just for you Blue Peter fans, if possible, I would have incorporated some sticky back plastic and a pair of Val's old knickers.






More soon from the land of the 'gators.



Pop quiz.
Name a road in Florida used in a Jimmy Buffet song.
I can think of two off the top of my head, or should that be off the top of my Parrot Head.



Ciao Bella
Norm

No comments: