So So Cal

Friday, July 24, 2015

Better Late Than Never


I've been having connectivty issues with the BLOG site, looks like the WIFI in the hotel is a bit slow.

We have been visiting the Jimmy Buffet pilgrimage sites, Captain Tony's and Margaritaville, the places where it all started.








Of course we had some more cultural stuff on the agenda, well Anne did.
She visited the Ernest Hemmingway house.

I went across the street and visited trhe Lighthouse.
A really neat place, I met one  of the guys who volunteers there who was from Bristol originally but was now retired. 
They have on show a first order light, this was a definition of the longest focal length and consequently the largest Fresnel lens.




They also have a smaller fourth order light on display.
This is much smaller but still a thing of beauty.






I have no clue who these people are, but I am damned if I'm wasting drinking time waiting in line to take a picture.

So as you can see the Southernmost (anything) is right here in Key West.

Enough of that culture stuff.
Back to hedonism.




Tooday we are kinda kicking back and just looking around with no real plan.
We hoped to go to Dry Tortuga but the tour was sold out.
More soon, I hope.


No comments: