So So Cal

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Retirement

Three Weeks In

A few people have been asking "Well Norm now that you have had a couple of weeks, what's it like?"

I must admit that it is tougher than I had thought.

Firstly there's going on bike rides.

Then when you get back home you have to jack it up and fix the damn thing so that you can ride it again the next time.

 There are new tools which have to be bought.

And then modified because they don't do what you want them to.

Our friend Paul Rogers, bought me two wonderful pans as a retirement gift. This is the first one being tested. This particular pan is actually a soup pot complete with ladle.
For the first effort I decided to make pasta fazul. This was a vegetarian version, but even though I say so myself it turned out very well. This is the Italian American name, in Italy it's called pasta e fagioli.

Another gift, Fartless Beer Bread

Normally, when recipes call for beer the temptation is to use some crap that's been in the fridge for a year because no one will drink it.
This time, I thought no, I'll use some good stuff. So here it is Fartless beer bread made with 
the One and Only, Newcastle Brown Ale.




How it turned out.
And very tasty it was too.


Another thing retirees are required to do is plan trips to Florida. As you can see I have my chosen rental vehicle in the picture. I explained to Anne that it has AC...


But we still have time to party.

Ciao Bella

Norm

1 comment:

Steven Ross said...

Can't beat 'Nuclear' Brown Ale! As you say 'The One And Only'. Or as we say in North East England, 'The Yin an' anny'!

A staple part of any Geordie/Mackem diet.