So So Cal

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 3

We left Evanston this morning around 9:00 AM and rode east on highway 80. This was one of the original cross continent freeways envisaged by Dwight D. Eisenhower following his experience in Europe as Supreme Commander during WW2.
We ran east to Rawlins and gassed up ready to go north, however the road we wanted to take WY 287 was closed by the local police so we had to head back to I 80 and go to further east through Walcott and then north to Medicine Bow, Casper and on to Buffalo. We rode about 450 miles, and I have to say a lot of it was pretty boring stuff.
The counterpoint was that we met some great people in some remote places. It is always astonishing to me how big this country we call home really is.
This evening after dinner and a cocktail, we decide to sit out by the pool, we heard another group and could not decipher the language. I asked them where they were from, "Chicago" they replied, well thats my pay back for telling people that I'm from Huntington Beach!
They were speaking Polish, but they did live in Chicago.










How would you like to meet this guy on a dark night?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Buffalo WY

No comments: