So So Cal

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Driving Idyllwild

Driving On The Mountain


We took a couple of little side trips from Idyllwild and I thought that you might like the video of the mountain roads.




When I was trying to think of suitable music, this one suddenly sprang to mind.
It is really evocative, it took me back to when I was a kid.
The neighbors of my parents would take me with them on day trips along with the lady's mother whom I called Nana Dixon. Back then everyone you knew was a relative.
On these trips out to the Yorkshire dales or wherever we would sing this song, sometimes with our own made up words. Not always terribly polite!



As my cousin Elizabeth just said to me the other day, "Everyone was your mother"
All well and good but it also had a downside, you could never get away with anything.

Here's wishing you a very Happy New Year.
Wherever your travels may take you.

Anne and I already have some plans for 2016, check the blog for updates.

Ciao Bella (That's a clue)

Norm

No comments: