So So Cal

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Headed For Jolly Old...

MN I set out on Friday afternoon for a quick visit to the UK.
When I got to the airport, I checked in and went thorough the usual security drama, once through that you are in the beautiful new terminal extension.
That is until you find that it is called the Villaraigosa Pavilion!

Next time I'm flying from John Wayne...

I bet you can't guess where these guys had been.




Eventually, we got on the big aluminum tube and headed for Amsterdam.



We left right on time and once we were at cruising altitude, we were given a couple of treats from Holland.



The Jetstream was quite a way south so the route was a little different than usual.
More miles, but very fast. The driver put the hammer down and we were zipping along.

This was the fastest speed that I noticed.
When I got to Newcastle, I was given the third degree about where I was going,why I was there, how long was I going to stay, etc.



If I had been from Timbuktu i would have been greeted with open arms, free money and a council house.

No comments: