So So Cal

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday

What a fantastic day!
I took Nellie out for a little spin and to gas her up.

The speedo was acting up a bit so I'm thinking that it needs a little TLC.
However she starts and runs good.

Next weekend it is the turn of the Triumph!

Acting on the suggestion of Aussie Glen I added a little Sta-Bil to the tank.


The front shocks were a bit rough so I found a book online "The Complete Book of the Ariel"
I added the correct amount of oil, so next time should be a bit smoother.

The fork oil has to be filled through the little hole where this screw fits. The hole is 3/16" diameter and the recommended level is 17 - 18 inches below the screw face. I went to Home Depot and bought some 3/16" dowel with which to make a dip stick. I then had to make a tiny funnel with the cap from a gear oil container and a regular funnel. Even then it was drop by drop.
The quantity stated is 1/3 of a pint, this is of course an Imperial Pint. So off I went to the grocery store an bought an Imperial Pint of a certain beverage. So I poured out the contents into a suitable container and filled the bottle 1/3 full.
No problem, except of course now what do I do with that Imperial Pint of beverage filling up my container.
Oh well I guess that I should just ensure that it is not going to be an environmental hazard. See picture at the end.



Current mileage, it should be increasing by at least 4 or 5 miles a week.
Here it is.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: