So So Cal

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Another One of Those Days!

As Jimmy Buffet said in one of his songs,
"I guess it's gonna be another one of those days"

We decided to ride to Long Beach for lunch, no big deal about 20 miles each way.

I needed to gas up the bike first, so I went out whilst Anne was out on her walk.

That awful sound hit me when I pressed the starter "ARRUFF ARRUFF'

Dead battery, OK, take the battery out and go to Westminster HD for a new one.

Take the left side hard bag off so that you can get to the bolt that holds the seat strap on.
Take the seat strap off, take the seat off, remove the battery terminals lift out the battery.

Easy!

Wrong!

I was able to get hold of the battery with my finger nails and lift it about an inch.

So I had to rethink the idea and came up with a design for a strap with which to lift it.

After a 15 minute strap manufacturing session the battery was out.

Off I went to Westminster HD, about 20 minutes and $184 later I was on my way home with a new battery.

The new battery was installed and solved the problem.

It was a great ride with perfect weather, about 85 degrees and clear.

We went to Tequila Jacks for lunch, one of our favorite spots down near the water.




This is the view from the restaurant patio.


As the day ended up well I guess it wasn't quite "One Of Those Days"

Sunday we will walk down to Neptune's in Sunset Beach.

The band is the George Fryer Combo who are celebrating their 10th year playing together.

Check it out.


http://www.jkingneptune.com/


https://sites.google.com/site/georgefryercombo/

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it...

Stop Press

OOPS!

Spoke to soon.


Missy came up lame, she started limping and after a thorough check by Dr. Mom. it looks like she has broken a toe on her left rear foot.



Well the vet needs another payment for the kids college fund!

"I guess it's gonna be another one of those days"


I wish I could put the Jimmy Buffet track here, but copyright prevents it.
I could sing it myself and record it:
 nah!!!!!!

More soon.

No comments: