So So Cal

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Staycation

Today was my first full day of staycation so I decided to take the Ariel out for spin.
I got it fired up and took it out into the street ready to go, then I found that my garage door opener did not work. The fact that I ran it through the washing machine in the pocket of my jeans may have had something to do with that problem.
I had to walk round to the front door to get back in. There I found a parcel from Northern Tool, OH! OH! I thought what have I bought now that I forgot about buying.
When I opened it up, it was a gift from Barb and Leon, actually GIFTS as there were two of them.
A new John Deere Hat 



 And a John Deere Tractor,
the one in the center.
 
A short trip over to Seal Beach was in order. I arrived at the Grill and met all kinds of people, some for the first time, some I have known for years.


We've know these guys for some time, left to right, Larry (Flint) I kid you not! Jerry and Steve.
All of them now retired and giving a me hard time (in a very friendly way) until I pointed out that as I was still working to pay their SS they had better be nice to me.

So they relented and suggested that I keep working for years to come.



Steve got his picture in the local paper, very aptly called  Sun, with a comment about the Seal Beach Blvd bridge reconstruction. He was being polite, the whole construction program in that area is a giant pain in the rear


It was like a veritable Who's Who of people I know. Our friend Tempe came driving by in her truck, then another guy, Ron, from the Grill showed up.
I met the owners of the Cold Stone Creamery on the corner of Main St.
They have now bought the Tropical Juice bar between them and the Grill.
It seemed kind of strange chatting with a guy who was wearing a suit and tie on Main St S.B.

The icing on the cake was that the Ariel performed well both ways.
A slight oil leak, but they did that when they were new and this one is almost sixty years old.

That is why the British were never able to import TVs into the USA, they couldn't figure out how to make them leak oil!

No comments: