So So Cal

Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Never-Ending Birthday Celebrations!

More Celebrations.

The day began on a motorcycle tack, James Wilbourn came over and we started on the assembly of the Yamaha engine.


A beautiful late fall day in SoCal.

 
Norman with the "Ealth and Safety" hat on!
Don't point the air hose at any part of your body!
 
 
 
Later a buddy of James came over to help out!
As you can see he has his biker tee shirt, ready to go.
 
 
 
Later in the day we went to Costa Mesa to Scotts Restaurant for dinner.
 


 
Here I am with my birthday treat.
 
A great place.
 
 
As a gift for my birthday, Anne had arranged tickets for the Orange County Performing Arts Center to see a performance by a young pianist named Joyce Yang,

The orchestra opened with the overture from Glinka's Russlan and Ludmilla, a wonderful piece.
Then the virtuoso came on and played Tchaikovsky's Piano concerto Number 1 in B flat minor.
I know, technical stuff.
 It really makes no difference to me what key it is played in as I am tone deaf, and couldn't play God Save The King on a penny whistle.
But this young lady gave an absolutely stunning performance.

Joyce Yang

Check out her website from the link above.

Intermission.
We clean up real good!
It's amazing what you can pick up at the Salvation Army Thrift Store.


Then came the second half, Bella Bartok Concerto for Orchestra.

As far as I'm concerned he need not have bothered writing it. It's too jumpy and discordant to listen too and too loud to sleep through.

Nonetheless, a wonderful evening.



Here endeth the celebrations of my monumental 65th birthday.

Ciao Bella
 

No comments: