So So Cal

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Man this Christmas thing is coming up fast!

More preparations for the "Festive Season"

Santa came early this year, look at the tool box he has been storing at the plant for me!
Yeah, dream on. One of the guys in the shop bought it for himself.
Craftsman brand too. That used to really mean something back in the days when there were nine planets.

We got the Christmas tree set up in the house, so I thought OK I'll get Anne's gifts wrapped and put them under the tree.
I started looking for gift wrap and came up with the perfect plan.
Gift Bags.
My gift wrapping is atrocious, as my Dad used to say, "Everything you wrap looks like a ham shank"
Oh well, gift bags are OK especially when you get the correct design.

Now this tree is a little more eclectic than the pure leopard tree in the gazebo.


This one has Harley stuff, motorcycles, dogs and who knows whet else on it.

In preparation for a couple of little soirees we have planned over holidays, I have been making a few appetizers, just practice quantities until I see how they work.


 
I've been trying my hand at baking, and so far it has worked out well.
That is to say, we have eaten a couple of samples and we are not dead yet so they must be OK.
I must admit I felt a bit like Paula Dean when I was buying some of the ingredients, it seemed that butter was very high on the list.
 
Can't wait to go to the store without having Jingle Bells playing in the produce section.
 
Yeah, I know I'm just an old curmudgeon.
 
And don't you forget it!
 
More soon,
Ciao Bella,
 
Norm
 
 
 
 

No comments: