So So Cal

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Siegen

Here we are with friends in Siegen. Some of you will recognize this group, we have Trixi, Rainer, and Felix Dango, Hanne Braach, Juan Camillo, and of course Anne and the guy beside the light which is out!
We were in a traditional German restaurant, and carefully listened to all the wonderful choices and the recipes handed down from generation to generation . . . and then Anne and I both had a pasta dish!!!







Anne and I both had a great day, I worked in the morning and then spent the afternoon at an industrial museum with one of the guys from DDS.
He and I both have a strong interest in the old machines and were happy to spend an afternoon reviewing these things.
Anne had a personal backstage VIP tour( arranged by Rainer) of a theater in Siegen which has just been renovated. That was a big , splendid image
She was surprised to find that they have a 1956 Ariel Square Four with a sidecar.As most of you know, I have the same motorcycle ( and the denim jacket with the Ariel emblem, made specially for me as a gift from Californian friends for my 60th.)

Tomorrow we drive to Frankfurt airport, hand in the car, then spend the
night at the Sheraton adjacent to the airport ready for our flight home on Thursday morning. It has been A BLAST, but I am ready to return to the U.S. and see my boys!!! Thankfully, the flight back is business class and there is going to be a limo waiting to take us home from the airport. ( Am I spoiled, or what???)







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: