So So Cal

Thursday, September 9, 2010





Here we are on the plane.
This was the first big surprise for Anne, we flew business class, I was able to keep it a secret until we were almost on the plane, only at the last minute when she looked at her boarding pass and saw that we were in row two did she ask questions.
I guess that blonde hair has really taken root!
Anne thinks that champagne prior to take off is a good idea.
Both flights went really well, the only problem was that I left my Netbook at security in Frankfurt. By the time I realised, we were at the gate ready to get on the flight to Rome. A quick sprint about half a mile back to security was all that was needed to retrieve the netbook.
It is just as well that I am young and in the peak of condition!
We were in Rome before I got my breath back and my heart rate under control.
The customs control in Italy was very relaxed, a young guy walks up to us as we are leaving the airport,
HIM "Whera did youa acome froma" "Do youa hava anything to declara"
ME "NO"
HIM "Ara youa sura"
ME "YESA" I was getting the hang of the lingo by now
HIM "OKA hava nica daya"

We are in the Hotel in Rome for our first night. On Friday morning we drive to Naples.
More soon.

No comments: