So So Cal

Friday, September 17, 2010

All Roads Lead To Rome







Today we drove from Sorrento to Rome, the drive to get to the freeway was the usual nightmare. There is a picture of Anne with her mask and ice pack ready for the drive.
Once on the freeway it was great, the speed limit is 80 mph, this is widely ignored except when you come to a speed camera; it seems that everyone knows where they are and only slows down to pass them. My GPS warns you ahead of time by about a half mile to allow time to slow down. The update for speed cameras costs about $20 a year and is well worth it considering my track record. Dango and Dienenthal have already had to visit city hall twice on my behalf at $136 a pop.
There is a picture of me wearing a lime green bow tie and cummerbund, Madam thought that this was a good idea, I'm pretty sure from the picture shows how I thought. I convinced her that if she wanted to make home with me then I should revert to my lime green tie with no cummerbund. She agreed.
Once in Rome we headed for the HD store; it was a great place called Roman Village HD. It is butted right up against the original city wall which looked like it had an aquaduct on top. They had a customized bike for only $40,000

Tonight we are staying at our final hotel which is built onto the airport, tomorrow we have to walk along a bridge into the terminal.
We checked tonight and they want us to be ther two hours before departure which means 4:30 AM!
I guess we had better have an early night and an alarm call.

All in all this has been the most fantastic trip and has fulfilled everything that I
had hoped that it would.

Ciao Bella
Norm

No comments: