So So Cal

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Big Ben

Building Big Ben


As most of you already know, I retired in January of this year.
There were several events to mark the occasion , one of which was held at the Acapulco  restaurant on Firestone Blvd in Downey.




At this event my long time friend and colleague, Charlton Suzuki presented me with a gift.

It was a LEGO model of Big Ben in London.
Whilst I'm no fan of London, I loved the model.

Since LEGO was introduced to the UK in the late '50s or early '60s I have been a fan,
The tactile sense is fully engaged in this product.

So having taken this gift home, I thought OK, I'll keep it for those long cold winter nights.

But....

Then I thought, what, 60 degrees is a cold winter night, maybe not.

I decided that I should get this thing built before the arthritis in my hands gets any worse.


Thank goodness for the hand massage machine my friends Barb and Leon bought for me.
It really does work wonders.



So I brought out the box and looked at the instructions.


This thing has 346 parts, some of which are very small...


So construction began.



Slowly we crept ahead with assembly..





The tower grows.



Finally we have Big Ben!


As you can see from the pictures, the finished article looks  just like the box!




My very best regards go to Charlton and his family for this gift which entertained me for a considerable time.

Now that it is built, it is a thing of beauty which will have a place of honor on my book shelf.


Thank you both very much.


Ciao Bella

Norm

No comments: