So So Cal

Friday, August 28, 2015

For the Gear-Heads

The New Machine Arrives!


I've been waiting to buy this machine since January; in early August, the timing was right.
The company knocked a few bucks off the price and offered free shipping.

A deal I couldn't refuse.

The machine was shipped to SSC, thank you SWS for that, I really appreciate it.

Girvan brought it to the house, and along with our neighbor, Charles, helped to man handle it into the shed.



Once in the shed, the next task was to get it onto the prepared bench.

For that task, my brother Jimmy came by to help.



So here it is on the bench.

However, concern was expressed at the stability of the bench

It was decided by an executive decision to add improved legs (I wish I could get some)


Two are bolted in place, with two more to do on Saturday.

It was just too hot this afternoon to do more.

There are some braces to fit between the legs on the way from Amazon.



I've carried out a couple of quick accuracy checks on the X and Y axes and they seem to be really good.

Pretty soon I should be ready for a cutting test.

I'll keep you posted.

Ciao Bella
Norm.


No comments: