So So Cal

Monday, March 9, 2015

A Bit Lax

I've been a bit lax in the blog posts recently.

I just noticed that the last post was after the Vintage Bike meet in February and yesterday I went to the March meet.
Tempus Fugit.


Since the last post I've been working on the Velocette and the Triumph.

The Velocette headlight came back from powder coating looking like new. Probably better than new.




Whilst the headlight was off the bike I decided to take the seat and have the hole in the side fixed.
I took the seat to Long Beach to the motorcycle swap meet and handed it to Bar Enterprises for repair.
The luggage rack which came with the bike looked stock, but once the seat was removed it was obviously aftermarket.
So that came off and will not go back on.




You can see by the bracket that it is a bit Rube Goldberg.



The headlight is back on the bike, the wiring was a bit of a nightmare with different colors connected together in places. Thank goodness for digital cameras.
Now I'm just waiting for the seat.



At the swap meet I saw this helmet and thought "Oh Yes" that's the one for riding the old bikes.


More soon on the escapades with the Triumph and the March OC Vintage meet.




No comments: