So So Cal

Monday, October 13, 2014

Old Bikes and Old Guys

OC Vintage Bike Meet

Yesterday was the OC Vintage Bike Meet in Huntington Beach, a really great day with lots of participants and their bikes.

Three Honda CBX machines in attendance, a pretty unusual event in itself.

It just got me thinking and you know how dangerous that can be!

The bikes we like are called survivors, not tarted up and over restored but showing their age and maybe just a bit rough round the edges.

They may be a trifle incontinent and drip a little oil here and there, but so what? That's what happens.

This is where the thinking part came in. In fifty years time with a bit of luck and some TLC these bikes will still be survivors.

Most of us who were there yesterday...

Anyway that's enough thinking for one day.

Here's a couple of pictures.


This is a 1937 Big Base Indian speedway bike owned by the same man since 1940, he is now 94 and still running his own company.


A turbo charged 1000 cc six cylinder Honda CBX, the word rocket springs to mind.




A wonderful old BMW in very nice condition, it still leaks oil I'm pleased to say.



When I got home, I wanted to work in the shed Mk 1 for a while.


As you know the days are shortening and the nights cut in and darkness falls earlier and earlier.
So I have installed lights in the shed, next comes a heater so that I can work out there once winter really starts with a vengeance.

I'm thinking of ordering a snow blower from Amazon so that I can get out to the shed in January.

Sarcasm is just another of the services I offer!


Ciao Bella
Norm

No comments: