So So Cal

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Bike!

Anne and I rode over to San Pedro to check on the progress of the Triumph.
There is a picture of some of the parts below.





As you can see it is not yet quite complete!
However, Tim assures me that I will be riding the bike this summer.





Those of you who are mechanically inclined can see the problems with bits of aluminum (aluminium for those on the other side of the pond) broken off. I think that the chain must have snapped at some time.





Here a little piece of fin is broken from the rocker cover. Oh well! it's only money.
On the way to the bike place, we rode through Ports of Call, which is kind of a tourist area of San Pedro. Pier 87 is now home to theUSS Iowa. The ship opens to the public on July 7th, pretty soon afterwards Anne and I will be there for the tour.
The link below may not work, but cut and paste to your browser to see the website.

http://pacificbattleship.com

More soon,
Norm
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:San Pedro

3 comments:

Norm said...

Test comment!

Anonymous said...

Anne Test

Anonymous said...

I'm just pleased it's not a John Deere tractor he's restoring!
Long-suffering Wifey!