So So Cal

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

OC Vintage Bike Meet

Sunday February 8th

It was one of those wonderful SOCAL February days, about 75 degrees and clear skies.

Three of us rode over to the event together, Rick Damrel, Girvan Nichol and me.
Once there we met up with James Wilbourne, a colleague from Shultz, you remember the place I worked sometime in the distant past.

I rode the Velocette, it started and ran really well.




No, I didn't ride it like that, I wore my helmet etc.



There were about 140 bikes there, this one is a bit special, it is a twin engine Triumph.

Why? you might ask yourself, because you can is the answer.


Here's Girvan with our friend and colleague James Wilbourne checking out the equipment.



There was not one but two of these Zundaps at the event, both in absolutely fabulous condition.

Two six cylinder 1,000 cc Honda CBX models.

This Moto Guzzi was a very interesting bike, 

A 1958 Square Four in great shape, there's something to aim for!

On Monday, I decided to take of the headlamp bucket from the Velocette and have it powder coated.
It has a bit of cosmetic damage but should come back in a couple of days looking like new.


More on the headlight when I get it back.

Norm

Ciao Bella.

No comments: